ISRO C20 Rocket
Feb 24, 2013
- Preparation for Propellant filling operation of Second Stage (PS2) is under progress.
- Preparation for Mobile Service Tower (MST) withdrawal is under progress.
- Propellant filling operations of Fourth Stage (PS4) and Reaction Control Thrusters (RCT) of First Stage (PS1) are completed.
- Propellant filling operations of Fourth Stage (PS4) and Reaction Control Thrusters (RCT) of First Stage (PS1) are under progress.
- The 59 hour Countdown of PSLV - C20 / SARAL Mission commenced at 6:56 Hours (IST) today (Feb 23, 2013) at Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota, India.
- Launch Authorisation Board (LAB) for PSLV - C20 / SARAL mission has cleared the launch on Monday, Feb 25, 2013.
- The 59 hour Countdown will commence at 6:56 Hours (IST) on Feb 23, 2013.
- The launch Rehearsal of PSLV - C20 with the primary satellite SARAL and six other satellites has been completed satisfactorily at SDSC SHAR, Sriharikota.
- Mission Readiness Review and meeting of Launch Authorisation Board are scheduled on Feb 22, 2013.
- PSLV-C20 to launch SARAL along with six commercial payloads on Feb 25, 2013 at 17:56 hrs (IST) from SDSC SHAR, Sriharikota.
- PSLV-C20 is the 23rd PSLV Mission of ISRO and Ninth 'Core-Alone' (without solid strap-on motors) variant.
- SARAL (Satellite with ARGOS and ALTIKA ) is an ISRO-CNES(France) joint Venture for oceanographic studies.
- Other six auxiliary payloads are from Canada (2), Austria (2), Denmark (1) and UK (1)